Many of the best discoveries happen by chance, and so it was with Dolce Vita.
I has located a number of Bavaria 390s, mainly the 4 cabin charter layout designated the "Carabic", and a few more remote examples of the more highly prized 3 cabin owner version - the "Lagoon". Prior to flying to Spain to view an apparently attractively priced Lagoon, I took my wife to see a standard 390 in Tuscany so that she could begin to visualise the layout and type of boat that I was considering.
Astonishingly, as I climbed aboard and went to view the aft cabins, it was clear that hidden under the piles of cushions, there was only one large aft stateroom. This was a Lagoon in disguise!
The 390 Lagoon in Spain was in a sorry condition, and I did not have the stomach for the expensive refitting that would be required. I returned to Italy, and promptly made an offer for Dolce Vita. After due haggling she was ours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi! Is this the Andrew that's looking for crew members to share the pleasure of sailing around the Mediteranean? I'm Carlo De Vincentiis, and I'm part of a couple of well intentioned sailors searching the web to find a sailing boat to head from anywhere near Italy to Bodrum/Marmaris in Turkey.
ReplyDeleteWe just came across an ad on "Findacrew" posted from Pescara and we wonder if that Andrew has anything to do with your Dolce Vita. In case, we would be eager to get in touch. Here are our e-mail addresses: gulin@gulinakoz.com / carlo.devincentis@tiscali.it
For more information on the important half of the couple, you may have a look to www.gulinakoz.com/ing/index.php
Look forward to hearing from Pescara...
Gulin & Carlo